I’m obsessive about DIY scrubs. Why? They’re the most affordable and most secure solution to rub your pores and skin issues away! Simply wander round your kitchen, and you can find all of the substances it’s essential to deal with your pores and skin. The 2 most typical substances that you can find mendacity in your kitchen cupboard are coconut oil and sugar. When mixed, coconut oil and sugar can moisturize and exfoliate your pores and skin and maintain it child smooth. How? Scroll down to search out out!
Advantages of Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
Coconut oil and sugar are good for exfoliating not solely your face but in addition the remainder of your physique. Nevertheless, if in case you have oily and acne-prone pores and skin, keep away from utilizing coconut oil in your face. It might block your pores and skin pores and irritate your pimples or trigger breakouts.
Now, let’s concentrate on why it is best to contemplate this straightforward and superb scrub in your skincare wants.
1. It Retains Your Pores and skin Hydrated
Coconut oil is a pure moisturizer. It is a superb emollient and intensely helpful in stopping dry, flaky pores and skin and circumstances akin to atopic dermatitis (1). Sugar, alternatively, is a humectant that pulls moisture from the atmosphere and retains your pores and skin hydrated.
2. Coconut Oil Can Kill Dangerous Micro organism
Coconut oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that may forestall many pores and skin points brought on by micro organism (1).
three. It Is An Efficient Exfoliant
Coconut oil and sugar scrub can gently eliminate lifeless pores and skin cells. In comparison with salt, sugar granules are much less abrasive. Due to this fact, they filter out the grime, stimulate pores and skin cell development, and take away all traces of make-up out of your pores and skin.
four. Coconut Oil Has Antioxidant Properties
Virgin coconut oil comprises antioxidants (2). These antioxidants defend your pores and skin from environmental harm and free radicals. Additionally they forestall oxidative stress, which, in flip, prevents mobile breakdown. This reduces the probabilities of untimely growing older and retains your pores and skin youthful and wholesome.
5. Sugar Prevents Ingrown Hair
As talked about earlier, the coconut oil and sugar scrub can be utilized on any space of your physique. This may be your secret weapon to forestall razor bumps and ingrown hair. Utilizing the scrub on the affected space (the place you get essentially the most ingrown hairs) no less than thrice per week can forestall the hair from curling up inside your pores and skin.
Who knew that two easy substances like coconut and sugar may have these many advantages, proper? Let’s test how one can make a easy DIY coconut oil and sugar scrub at house.
DIY Coconut Oil And Sugar Scrub
You Will Want
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar (white or brown, ideally natural and granulated)
- 10 drops lemon important oil (chances are you’ll use lavender, vanilla, candy orange, tea tree, or every other important oil of your alternative)
- 1 tablespoon lemon (you too can use every other citrus fruit zest, akin to orange or grapefruit)
- Put the solidified coconut oil in a microwave-proof glass bowl.
- Microwave it for 45 seconds or till the oil has fully melted.
- Switch the oil to a different glass bowl, add sugar, and blend.
- Now, add the important oil(s) and citrus zest (non-obligatory). Mix all of the substances.
- Switch the combination to a glass or half pint jar.
Bear in mind, this scrub is preservative-free, so it won’t keep contemporary for lengthy. Make it in small batches that you should use up inside per week or two. Retailer it within the fridge to maintain it contemporary. You should utilize this scrub to therapeutic massage your face, arms, and different physique components. Right here is how you are able to do that.
How To Use Coconut Oil And Sugar Scrub
On Your Face
Word: Don’t add citrus important oil in case you are utilizing the scrub in your face. Citrus important oil doesn’t go well with everybody and should trigger a response in your pores and skin. Cut back its amount when you nonetheless wish to use it.
- Take a small amount of the scrub in your arms.
- Apply it throughout your face, besides the fragile space round your eyes.
- Therapeutic massage for 30-60 seconds in a round movement.
- Rinse your face with chilly water and pat dry.
On Your Fingers
- Take a little bit of the scrub in your arms.
- Rub it between your palms and unfold it throughout your arms.
- Therapeutic massage your arms and fingernails for a minute.
- Rinse your arms and pat them dry.
On Your Legs And Toes
- Soak your legs and toes for a couple of minutes in heat water to melt the pores and skin.
- Sit in a snug place on the sting of your bathtub or on a small stool.
- Take some scrub in your arms.
- Therapeutic massage it throughout your legs. Deal with the areas between your toes and the dry patches. Don’t apply it to the soles of your toes. For those who do it apply it to your soles, wash them totally with a gentle cleanser earlier than standing as much as keep away from slipping.
- Rinse your legs and pat them dry.
Word: Watch out whereas utilizing it in your legs within the tub to keep away from any accidents.
You’ll be able to discover rapid outcomes after utilizing this superb scrub, so you may wash it off inside a minute. One of the best factor about this DIY scrub is that you would be able to add substances akin to vitamin E oil, cinnamon powder, and oatmeal to customise it in your particular pores and skin wants. So, don’t waste time and pamper your pores and skin with this tremendous easy scrub. Inform us about your expertise with it within the feedback part beneath!
- “In vitro anti-inflammatory and pores and skin..” ScienceDirect
- “Antioxidant capability..” Taylor & Francis On-line