Cell options supplier Gluon has launched JavaFX 12, the corporate’s second launch of the wealthy consumer know-how for Java since JavaFX was decoupled from the JDK (Java Growth Equipment).
JavaFX 12 follows on Gluon’s September 2018 launch of JavaFX 11. The JavaFX 12 runtime is out there as a platform-specific SDK, as JMOD archive recordsdata, and as a set of artifacts within the Maven Central repository. Key capabilities in JavaFX 12 embrace:
- New protected VirtualFlow strategies for subclassing.
- Implementation of accelerated composition for WebView.
- The addition of an API in GraphicsContext to regulate image-smoothing.
- Reintroduction of the JFR (Java Flight Recorder) Pulse Logger.
- Refactoring of the javafx.swing implementation to take away an unneeded abstraction layer.
- Use of the xdg-open instrument to get the default net browser on Linux programs.
- Assist for mouse ahead and again buttons.
The JavaFX 12 launch additionally fixes numerous bugs, resembling a blurry font difficulty on Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian 9, and sluggish mousewheel scrolling on MacOS X. JavaFX 12 can be supported for six months till the discharge of JavaFX 13. JavaFX 11 is the present long-term assist launch.
JavaFX is a wealthy media know-how based by Solar Microsystems in Might 2007. The mission handed to Oracle when Oracle acquired Solar in 2010. Oracle a 12 months in the past determined to decouple JavaFX from the JDK to make it simpler to undertake and appeal to new contributors in its improvement.
You’ll be able to obtain JavaFX 12 from the Gluon JavaFX mission web site. JavaFX is licensed beneath the GPL v2 plus Classpath.
This story, “Gluon ships JavaFX 12” was initially revealed by