If you happen to’re in a brand new metropolis on a enterprise journey, using behind an Uber or caught in visitors, you possibly can share your location with family members and colleagues in order that they know the place you’re and that you just’re OK.
I take advantage of these instruments to keep away from the “textual content me once you get house,” dialog we frequently have. After I share my location, my family and friends know I’ve made it house after an extended drive. Additionally, I’m in full management, so I can flip off the sharing at any time when I need.
There are many choices for doing this, together with utilizing Google Maps, Fb Messenger and Apple iMessage.
Right here’s the best way to do it with every of these.
Methods to share your location with Google Maps
- Open Google Maps in your telephone.
- Faucet the menu button on the top-left of the display screen.
- Faucet “Location Sharing.”
- Select how lengthy you wish to share for.
- Select who you wish to share with.
- Affirm that you just’d prefer to share your location.
- Ship the message.
Methods to share your location with Fb Messenger
- Open Fb Messenger in your telephone.
- Begin a dialog with the individual or folks you wish to share with.
- Faucet the + button on the left-side of the display screen.
- Select Location
- Faucet “Share location for 60 minutes”
What they’ll see
For every of those, the opposite individual (or folks) will obtain a hyperlink or a map that exhibits precisely the place you’re. If you happen to’re in a spot you shouldn’t be — perhaps misplaced in a metropolis — they’ll know that. If you happen to’re in visitors and are working late, they’ll be capable to see that, too.
Get extra extra attention-grabbing article like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing listing and get day by day new articles and updates to your electronic mail inbox.